Pan Seared Sesame Crusted Tuna
What’s better than a naturally low in fat, great source of lean protein and high in Omega 3’s dinner?
How about one of our quick dinner ideas that it only takes 10-15 minutes to cook . . .
Pan Seared Sesame Crusted Tuna – Fast & Easy!
Select nice firm raw tuna steaks.
- Place Tuna Steaks in a deep dish, bowl or casserole.
- Pour Less Sodium Kikkoman Soy Sauce over the steaks – Coat but do not saturate or soak!
- Less sit while you prepare side dishes – Turn over and make sure top is wet with soy sauce as well.
While Tuna is sitting in a light puddle of soy sauce – prepare your vegetables.
- Choose a nice bunch of broccolini – which is similar to broccoli but smaller florets and slender long stems.
Broccolini is quick and is much more tender than typical broccoli.
Steam the broccolini with a small amount of water and a little olive oil or avocado oil – DO NOT COVER – let steam and add small amounts of water if needed to not burn the pan or broccolini.
- Smear Tuna Steaks with Sesame Seeds on both sides.
- Cook on Medium heat for about 10 minutes – flipping sides.
- Pan Sear enough so that center is still mildly raw or cook longer if desired.
Perfect pan searing should have both sides cooked with middle somewhat small raw center. Depending on the thickness of the steaks, cooking about 5-8 minutes on each side should be sufficient, again all depends on thickness of your tuna steaks.
Toss broccolini – do not let get soggy or too soft.
Serve your quick and protein jacked tuna steaks with the broccolini – drizzled with a tiny amount of olive oil and salt – and along with a hearty brown and black rice and a touch of wasabi!
Done! Now chow down on this healthy protein enriched and packed with Omega 3’s – Simply and Delish – almost gourmet!